A weekly dose of dauntlessly dealt reality from the What It Is Wednesday Blog Carnival…
My reality this week is ongoing health challenges, by which I mean, the fun that never stops. It pauses, offers glimmers of freedom, though never stops.
People who know me know that I deal with a lot of chronic health conditions. People who know me really well understand what challenge they pose on a day-to-day basis. I don’t have grief about growing older, per se. What I do have, though, is angst in letting go of the fantasy that I can improve my health at my current age and older, beyond what it was in my youth.
Indeed, I can and do live better, though the state of the physical is what it is. I am in some degree of pain, every day. The question is how much today. I’ve had to accept that I can’t control it, rather, I can foster it, wherever, whatever that is at any given time. Sometimes there’s greater production, as a result, and sometimes significantly less–if any. There’s no question that my health and limitations that come with it impact my writing and client load in my shamanic work.
I never foresaw my health limiting my options at the young age of 44, yet it does. I also know that it could be improved radically had I the money and availability to implement the natural and alternative modalities that I know work for me. Therein lies another rub.
That’s the reality that’s on my plate. I don’t know how I will feel one day to the next. I do know, though, that it will certainly keep things lively.
That’s my reality this week. What’s your ongoing challenge? How do you cope with chronic conditions?
If You Want to Be Real
- Sign up through the form below. Be sure the URL you indicate is the link to your blog, not your full website.
- Copy this code into your post:
- Post every Wednesday in your blog on a topic that dauntlessly deals in your bold reality.
- In each post, include the meme image, and link to this inaugural page —http://www.soulintentarts.com/what-it-is-wednesday/ . The image is enormous, so you can take liberty with sizing it, as long as you maintain its integrity. If you want to use your own image, work it.
- Visit triumphantly real other blogs that join in and witness, support, learn, and lean.