For the week of 9 September 2018
The problem isn’t now.Raidho is the half-month stave through 13 September. Othala reversed is the intuitive stave, and Nauthiz indicates Creation’s message to us. Read right to left is Raidho, Othala reversed, then Nauthiz.
I truly believe that #theweeklyrune includes the keys to making better choices based on keen insight into the present, to help each of us be more active in creating a better reality for us all. In the Old Norse tradition, this process is wyrdweaving at it deepest potential. You’re currently reading the public version of The Weekly Rune. If you want to get the full benefit of the ad-free, detailed version every Sunday, you can show your support by joining my private runes community at Patreon. The paid runecast includes:
- more detail
- the current runes’ impact on human life force
- insights on how to best manage the curves and twists therein
- introspective prompts to nuance your self-work
- galdr of the runecast, with sound files and instruction on how to use each sound
- live video sessions
- runic insights, book excerpts, release news, free classes
- optional services with me
- discounts on shamanic services
Runic Book of Days
It comes out, tomorrow!! Yay!! Thanks so much for everyone’s support, getting Runic Book of Days from thought to page. If you haven’t ordered it, yet, it will be available worldwide, Tuesday 11 September!
What’s a half-month rune?
“Half-month” is an astronomical concept in which each month is divided into two parts: days 1-15, then 16-month’s end. In terms of the runic calendar, the half-month rune is based on the Elder Futhark, and governs for a tad over two weeks (a fortnight).
The Weekly Rune is based on a three-rune cast. Those runes are the half-month, the intuitive rune, and the overview. The half-month is a set rune, which for the most part follows the traditional ordering of the Elder Futhark. The intuitive stave (meaning, I draw it blind) indicates the life force most available to us, to the focus of the half-month rune into sharper focus. It suggests how we can best handle the half-month energies. The final rune (also drawn blind) provides a high overview of the current time, and speaks from different voices. These voices are usually Nature, Earth, Creation, though are sometimes others. I note who’s speaking each week.
New to The Weekly Rune?
- Catch a couple of my IGTV videos, which explain the intention and process behind the runecast, and what makes it different from other ways of casting.
- Listen to my What in the Wyrd podcast, which is available across all popular podcast platforms, including Google Play and iTunes. The latest episode discusses the nuances of Raidho.
- Add The Wisdom of the Runes Flash Briefing on Amazon Alexa for prompts to work with the half-moth rune throughout the week.
- A few people have asked the reason that I switch between different rune sets for TWR. The short answer is: because. The more nuanced answer is I ask which sets wants to speak each week. I don’t assume the same elements are in play according to the timing of the runes; I also don’t assume the same elements of my runes are appropriate to speak each week. I did a podcast on this subject, so there’s more info there. (See above)
- Also, for deep work on coming into relationship with the runes in season, check out my book, Runic Book of Days.
Our final week with Raidho closes more tensely than our half-month began. While we’re still very much focused on how we tell our stories, we’re directed to take a wider survey on what informs that story. At face value, Raidho encourages us to be observant on our journeys, and to cultivate that keen awareness every day. Ultimately we are always on a journey, and the more we actively participate in that trek–even through mere passive observation–the more influence we have over ur story.
What does it mean?
Othala reversed places emphasis on our ancestors. Paired with Raidho in this way, it means part of what influences us through our life travels is the leftovers and carryons of our Ancestors. Those could be green lights, stop signs, or road kill. Do we know the difference?
That’s the question being asked this week. And of course, if we don’t know the difference, we need to get the skills in learning. As we employ the skills in doing that, we start to see there are motivations that despite our efforts don’t shift. That’s a vivid point to begin exploring what the Ancestors haven’t healed.
This week, begin examining what’s not shifting, and how it may be a memo indicating that ancestral healing is needed. Do that work. Contact me if it’s unclear, though that’s what will bring clarity.
Nauthiz as the voice of Transition emphasizes how we can’t skip the middle. It’s known for being a crossroads point, at which a deep need is aching to be met, yet there is hesitation in doing so. It present a situation in which we don’t want to do what must be done. We want the need met, but we don’t want to have to go to whatever length is required to do so. It’s a catch-22.
This week we are required to look back. On the surface it sounds easy to realize the problem isn’t with us, but with some past ancestral dynamic that needs attention. Yay! We’re off the hook! However, the discomfort that comes up with uncovering those ancestral threads can ripple out into real-life consequences, or connect into present relationships. Tread carefully, and realize that even though huge steps forward are wanted, they are only gained by standing still, for now.
For suggestions on how to do that gracefully, subscribe to my private runes community on Patreon.
Originally published on Soul Intent Arts.