For the week of 17 April 2022
Mannaz is the half-month rune through 29 April. Isa is the intuitive rune, Perthro indicates Sabotage message to us, and wheel occupies summer. Read right to left is Mannaz, Isa, then Perthro.
What's a Runic Calendar?
What’s a half-month rune?
Why Join Patreon?
- more detail
- audio blog, with galdr of the runecast and instruction on how to use each sound
- the current runes’ impact on human life force
- insights on how to best manage the curves and twists therein
- introspective prompts to nuance and tend self-work
Other Patreon offerings:
- live video classes
- runic insights, book excerpts, release news, free classes
- optional services with me
- discounts on soul tending services
How is the Runecast Done?
New to Runecasting?
- Catch a couple of my IGTV videos, which explain the intention and process behind the runecast, and what makes it different from other ways of casting.
- Listen to my What in the Wyrd podcast, which is available across all popular podcast platforms, including Google Play and iTunes.
- A few people have asked the reason that I switch between different rune sets for TWR. The short answer is: because. The more nuanced answer is, I ask which sets wants to speak each week. I don’t assume the same elements are in play according to the timing of the runes; I also don’t assume the same elements of my runes are appropriate to speak each week. I did a podcast on this subject, so there’s more info there. (See above)
- Also, for deep work on coming into relationship with the runes in season, check out my book, Runic Book of Days.
Progression through the third aett isn’t for the faint of heart. By the time we reach it in seasonal progression, the demands only increase and the rewards are in the eye of the beholder. Folx refer to this aett as the one of the sage, which in my vernacular is less about mysticism and more about eldering well. Or maybe those are one and the same.
Learn more about this seasonal progression, and how to draw its insights into the personal spiritual path in Runic Book of Days.
What Does It Mean?
We’ve sat with the grief of Tiwaz, the refinement of Berkana, the valuing required of Ehwaz, and now we come to the mindfulness of Mannaz. This rune indicates human, which can be as simple as the form that we are here, and as complex as the charge of being custodian to a plane of existence upon which we depend. When we look at it that way, Mannaz encompasses not just being the human and engaging with the world around us at a high mental level, it means understanding our place in it, being okay with that, and acting from that realization. If we summarize all of that, Mannaz means to mature. And maturity in an animistic sense indicates not just knowing our place in the grander scheme, but doing what it entails.
To continue reading:
- If you’re on a desktop, log into Patreon or become a community member with the buttons at the right sidebar.
- If you’re on a device, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to find the buttons to log into Patreon or become a community member.
S. Kelley Harrell, M. Div.
I’m an animist, author, deathwalker and death doula. For the last 25+ years, through Soul Intent Arts I’ve helped others to ethically build thriving spiritual paths as fit, embodied elders, who upon death become wise, capable Ancestors. My work is Nature-based, and focuses soul tending through the Elder Futhark runes, animism, ancestral healing, and deathwork. I’m author of Runic Book of Days, and I host the podcast, What in the Wyrd. I also write The Weekly Rune as a celebration of the Elder Futhark in season. Full bio.
#beyourcommunity ~ #youareecosystem
elder well, die well, ancestor well
To bear your unique gift to the world.
To leave the planet better than you found it.
So that your descendants never elder alone.