I haven’t written a more personal newsletter-style note in a good while, and I hope this one finds you well and weathering your season as in-tune as possible. It seems for the last couple of years that’s been more challenging to do than cycles past, which makes the work of seasonal alignment even more important… and radical.
With that in mind, I’ve had to face some hard truths. When I became really ill a couple of years ago and had to start peeling off projects, I was determined for TWR not to be one of them. If I didn’t write it as something to share, it would still be a ritual that I engage for myself. Really, I prefer sharing it. But I don’t have the energy, resources, or kind of of boundaries to share at that level, anymore. After 7 years of writing The Weekly Rune, I have decided to make it solely a paid feature through Patreon.
All this time, TWR was completely free. Even when I created a paid version, the free version has always been rich with passion and insights. While I appreciate the support of both iterations, I can no longer continue to give away that depth of content for free. My health and my self-preservation will not allow me to do so. My personal challenges continue to mount, yet I still feel compelled to share my weekly ritual with the runes with you. If you value it as such, or if you’re a longtime reader, I hope you will continue to support it and the effort and love I have given it all these years by joining Patreon.
Going forward the free version will be a one-paragraph summary. To receive the full version you will have to join Patreon, which you can do for as little as $1 a month. Loads of free references to the runes, the elder futhark, the runic calendar, and past posts of TWR remain on Soul Intent Arts.
Cycles happen, and we have to choose how to respond to them. I can’t continue to base how I function on old cycles, old seasons; I have to base it on now. This is my radical reclaiming of this season. What’s yours? I have enjoyed engaging with you and the runes through this work, particularly the half-month seasonal approach to working with them as a calendar. I hope that we can continue to have that bonding point, and that it continues to reach the people that it needs to with its message.
My best to you, from the roots.
About The Weekly Rune
I truly believe that #theweeklyrune includes the keys to making better choices based on keen insight into the present, to help each of us be more active in creating a better reality for us all. That realization process includes learning to tend what can’t just be fixed, and using every tool at our disposal to accomplish that. The runes are such a tool, and in the Old Norse tradition, this process is wyrdweaving at it deepest potential. The runes provide one way we can create ourselves as fit elders, so that we can become well Ancestors upon death.
The full version comes out every Sunday at Patreon. The paid runecast includes:
- more detail
- the current runes’ impact on human life force
- insights on how to best manage the curves and twists therein
- introspective prompts to nuance and tend self-work
- galdr of the runecast, with sound files and instruction on how to use each sound
- live video sessions
- runic insights, book excerpts, release news, free classes
- optional services with me
- discounts on soul tending services
The Weekly Rune is a three-rune cast. Those runes are the half-month, the intuitive rune, and the overview. The half-month is a set rune, which for the most part follows the traditional ordering of the Elder Futhark. The intuitive stave (meaning, I draw it blind) indicates the life force most available to us, to the focus of the half-month rune into sharper focus. It suggests how we can best handle the half-month energies. The final rune (also drawn blind) provides a high overview of the current time, and speaks from different voices. These voices are usually Nature, Earth, Creation, though are sometimes others. I note who’s speaking each week, as it is revealed.
New to The Weekly Rune?
- Catch a couple of my IGTV videos, which explain the intention and process behind the runecast, and what makes it different from other ways of casting.
- Listen to my What in the Wyrd podcast, which is available across all popular podcast platforms, including Google Play and iTunes.
- A few people have asked the reason that I switch between different rune sets for TWR. The short answer is: because. The more nuanced answer is, I ask which sets wants to speak each week. I don’t assume the same elements are in play according to the timing of the runes; I also don’t assume the same elements of my runes are appropriate to speak each week. I did a podcast on this subject, so there’s more info there. (See above)
- Also, for deep work on coming into relationship with the runes in season, check out my book, Runic Book of Days.
S. Kelley Harrell, M. Div.
I’m an animist, author, deathwalker and death doula. For the last 25+ years, through Soul Intent Arts I’ve helped others to ethically build thriving spiritual paths as fit, embodied elders, who upon death become wise, capable Ancestors. My work is Nature-based, and focuses soul tending through the Elder Futhark runes, animism, ancestral healing, and deathwork. I’m author of Runic Book of Days, and I host the podcast, What in the Wyrd. I also write The Weekly Rune as a celebration of the Elder Futhark in season. Full bio.
#beyourcommunity ~ #youareecosystem
elder well, die well, ancestor well