Animistic embodiment and soul tending training with Kelley Harrell, M. Div.
WHAT IS THE SPIRITED PATH?
The Spirited Path is becoming aware of the life force among which you stand, then actively remaining in direct relationship with all that life force encompasses.
As most westerners walk broken spiritual paths, we cannot claim animistic or shamanic traditions that went before us as our own. Neither can we claim the titles of those paths. We can, however, respond to our own calling and create our own way, authentic to how we live and engage, without disparaging ancient paths, the people or practices of traditional shamanism, or indigenous cultures. We can soul tend where we stand.
I don’t teach a brand of soul tending. I don’t teach a path of shamanism. I teach you how to find your path of spirituality, and ground the teachings you receive into everyday life with sustainable passion and wisdom, in community. No titles are bestowed by me or this coursework. This coursework implements an A-Z intensive of everything I can impart, to form your own approach to modern soul tending and bring it to the world. Through this work you accept and engage the collective calling to be a fit, embodied elder, and to upon death become a wise, capable Ancestor.
Soul tending is embracing the fullest range of the human-person experience among the infinite network of other-persons doing the same. Through direct relationship with the soul allies of Nature, this Intensive provides not only an approach to ground your personal experience and teaching into a unique soul tending path, it does so through deepening your relationship with Nature, and with the support and insight of community.
This coursework is intended for those driven to work in some capacity of service to community in the role of soul tender. It is not intended as self-work.
I am not fond of our cultural reliance on certifications, which is why I’m not overtly offering one. At this point in my path, my work stands on its own merit, or it doesn’t, and I’m comfortable with that. If you desire a lovely writ of completion at the end of the second season, we can discuss it.
This coursework is everything I know about soul tending and world approaches to ethical shamanism, responsible animism, working with others as a facilitator of soul awareness, elderhood, ancestral responsibility, sacred activism, healing, personal duty, and planetary responsibility. If you want to study a set methodology in shamanism, this is not the approach for you. I am not the mentor for you. Candidates for this Intensive are confident in learning techniques that draw on bringing their innate wisdom to the world in a way that is ethical and unique to them, and are driven to bring that principle forward for others to do the same.
Walking The Spirited Path
This Intensive is conducted as a self-paced private mentorship, which requires involvement in group sessions with other Initiates. Admissions open every January and July. The schedule is custom fitted to your needs and goals. Likewise, financial concerns are taken into consideration. Because it is self-paced, the time to complete the coursework varies. Expect it to take about two-and-a-half years. For this reason, coursework is broken down into seasons, suited to individual pacing. A regular interval for mentoring sessions will be mutually agreed upon, in addition to timing for class and experiential work.
All engaged in this Intensive are required to participate in Sharing Sessions, which are Initiate peer witnessing sessions that meet every three weeks via web conference. If you are local, in-person coursework and mentoring sessions can be arranged.
Spiritual Mentoring is at my discretion. Contact me to learn more.
Coursework takes places in two Season, which encompass an extended immersion in both coursework and community (which takes most students about two-and-a-half years–timing is based on personal needs), with continued peer and supervisory support following indefinitely. This Intensive consists of regular studies in a hybrid classroom, personal mentoring, group interaction, and homework with the intention of building skills to work with others. Candidates for this work are comfortable with live online classes and mentoring sessions, pre-recorded material, turning in assignments online, and keeping themselves on task with the rest of the group. The time commitment will be strict, with topics building on each other month-to-month.
As the time commitment is dependent on personal pacing, it is broken into two Seasons of study:
Coursework includes a growing understanding of the history of shamanism, including perspectives on cultural appropriation and the politics of soul tending, and psychological and cultural perspectives. Beginning coursework also focuses on creating rituals, implementing personal cosmology, working with fetishes, the significance of modern animism. Experiential work emphasizes mastery of ecstatic journeying, working with oracles, etheric self-care, tracking, shapeshifting, and understanding and implementing personal animistic relationship to the world. The first Season teach all the basics, spans 14-16 months depending on personal pacing, and requires participation in the Initiate community.
Coursework includes engaging the Healing Story, basic energy healing, deathwalking, and ancestral engagement. Emphasis is placed on Shadow Work, Soul Retrieval, engaging calling, the role of and responsibility to community, all with an intense focus on ethics. The second Season is focused on refinement of basic skills and applying them to diverse dynamics, is completed in 14-16months based on personal pacing, and requires participation in the Initiate community.
Focuses on continuation of regular Sharing Sessions in the form of supervision, peer support of animism in the everyday, developing leadership skills in the community, and creating a clear path to personal elderhood. A strong emphasis on Ancestral engagement and working closely with local Nature Spirits sustains beyond the Intensive. Beyond the four seasons, the focus is personal support, accountability, and supervision on this path.
I’m an author, lifelong deathwalker, and animist. Through Soul Intent Arts, I’ve worked with a local and international client base since 2000. My work is Nature-based, and focuses soul tending through actionable animism, ancestral healing, and deathwork.
Walking the Spirited Path - Code of Ethics
The Spirited Path is an intensive in modern soul tending. Initiates completing this intensive agree to:
- Practice thorough and mature self-care to the best of their ability.
- Provide a community of support to other Initiates, in which they relate professionally with one another. This support includes resolving conflicts directly with each other, collaborating for the well-being of clients or to further soul work, and continuously working to sustain the integrity of the Initiate community.
- Honor self, other Initiates, and clients with respect to religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, relationship status, and socio-economic background, and to work from an awareness of the ongoing need for social justice. Honor includes deferring to the lived experience of indigenous and people of color regarding issues of cultural appropriation and racism, and deferring to the lived experience of women regarding sexism and misogyny.
- Honor all beings, including the spirits of natural elements, place, systems, thoughtforms, humans, states of being, etc.
- Support the interconnectedness and interdependency of All Things
- Continue and deepen their relationships with immediate animistic communities, as well as personal Ancestors, with the understanding that this work has no end and brings planetary benefit.
- Honor the limitations of soul healing, and when appropriate, refer clients to other qualified professionals, such as medical doctors, therapists, and clergy.
- Charge as they feel led for their time, while honoring issues of privilege and access.
- Work only with the express consent of clients (or fellow Initiates). With regard to deathwalking, Initiates seek to acquire explicit consent where possible, yet respond where needed.
- Complete Initiations set for and by self, by the Ancestors.
- Serve to community.
- Remain teachable.
Expect to devote 24-28 hours a month to studies. Plan for 1-2 hours in class/mentoring sessions per month (depending on how you pace yourself); 1-2 hours in Sharing Sessions (2-4 hours for Second Season Initiates), and at least 4-6 hours per week exploring on your own, engaging our community, and fulfilling assignments.
Initiates are expected to participate and engage with each other regularly in and outside of class to complete assignments, and to provide support for each other. The ability to share openly and deeply of your personal experiences is required. Our ability to do the work we’re here to do relies on the medicine of community. Without it, our personal lives are challenged, and our work is limited.
If you have taken classes on this work with Soul Intent Arts prior, you will still be required to complete them again, for your own benefit, and because co-Initiates will benefit from your experience with various techniques.
This Intensive encompasses one-on-one mentoring, in addition to community interaction. Mentoring includes helping you frame the work in the way that helps you progress along your personal path, not just the Intensive requirements. Mentoring comes in the form of witnessing and supporting, and giving you ways to engage the work in a way that best suits your needs and path. Soul tending work done with me is beyond the scope of mentoring, and Initiates will receive 20% off all private sessions with me for the duration of the Intensive, as well as the ad-free The Weekly Rune.
Contact Kelley to discuss participating in this initiatory Intensive.
If you choose to pay upfront for the two cycles of seasons, fees are as follows:
- Season One – Courses and Mentoring $2799.00
- Season Two – Courses and Mentoring $2799.00
You may pay monthly, for which the fee is $200/mo. Please don’t hesitate to discuss suitable financial arrangements with me, beyond how I’ve broken them down here. You still receive personal mentoring and Sharing Session access, regardless of payment approach taken. Contact me for details.
Post-Intensive Supervision $600/year
Classes already taken -$50.00 each class, for Season One, only. These discounts do not apply to subsequent seasons or Sharing Sessions. Contact Kelley to verify previous classes taken.
A non-refundable registration fee of $400 is required with the submission of your entrance essay, at the beginning of Season 1. This is in addition to course fees.
If you decide this work isn’t for you, no refunds are given on amounts paid.
- To be actively involved, engaged, and supportive of self and other initiates, in and out of class
- To openly and deeply share your personal experiences
- Multi-year commitment to self, me, and other Initiates
- Accountability to self, me, and other Initiates
- Technical accountability on systems used
- Daily homework, including journaling and ecstatic journeying
- Regular homework, including artwork, essays, and interaction with classmates outside class
- Pleasantly serving as client for advanced Initiates, and willingness to practice techniques with other Initiates
Ability and willingness to:
- turn in assignments weekly via email
- upload scanned items, or upload photos taken with a mobile device
- communicate via mobile apps
- engage in live video teleconferences, or in-person sessions, and possibly with other students outside class, as needed
Feel free to contact Kelley with questions.
Annual EnrollmentFirst Payment
- Includes access to annual lessons, in season
- Includes fees for Sharing Sessions and community access
- Includes access to all supplementary materials
- Includes personal mentoring
Subscription EnrollmentMonthly Payment
- Includes access to current lessons
- Includes fees for Sharing Sessions and community access
- Includes access to current lesson supplementary materials
- Includes personal mentoring
For full enrollment, no refunds are given after the first two months. Refunds must be requested prior to the end of the second enrollment month. At that point 50% of the amount paid to date will be refunded.
For subscription enrollment, email me your subscription request, and I will set it up ASAP. No refunds are given on monthly enrollments.
Contact me for information on the hardship rate for this coursework.
We don't healIn isolation, but in community
~S. Kelley Harrell
Contact Kelley to discuss The Spirited Path, and enquire about the details.