I’ve known Sherrie Dillard for years. Not only is she an ace intuitive, she’s a prolific writer, and ever on my Dream Team!
Have you had moments of crystal clear intuitive awareness? Do you sometimes feel that there is an inner presence that is leading and guiding you and acting in your best interest? Have you ever felt a shiver of excitement move through you when a spontaneous intuitive insight is proven true and correct? These are a just a few of the natural intuitive occurrences that motivate many to further develop their intuitive awareness.
One of the great gifts of intuition is that it enables us to feel closer to others. When you feel what another’s feels, tune into another’s thoughts or experience their aches and pains in your body, you become aware of our interconnectedness. In a similar way feeling the presence of a loved one on the other side or experiencing the intervention of an angel or spirit guide, assures you that there is life beyond the physical and it is loving wise and comforting.
The paradox of developing intuition is that although it provides us with a unique connection to others, we often develop it in isolation. If you are not fortunate enough to have supportive and interested family and friends or live in an area where you have access to intuitive development classes and group psi activities you likely are developing your intuition on your own. Although intuitive awareness opens new doors of possibilities and connectedness to all of life, it is initially a process of looking deeper within self. One of the reasons that I write books about intuitive and medium development is to give others the tools that I have learned and to help bridge the gap of loneliness that can accompany intuitive development. Still even though books serve an important role, practicing, developing and interpreting intuitive insights requires direct experience. Having another or a group to discuss and practice with is helpful. Yet, there can be hidden benefits to developing intuition, psychic and medium abilities on your own.
Without the benefit of a class and teacher to lead you through intuitive exercises and help you to interpret what you receive, you may feel alone in a sea of chaotic intuitive phenomenon. But, you are not as alone as you may believe. You are being guided and supported by loving and wise spiritual guides and angels. When spirit comes knocking on your door with intuitive gifts, know that you are being called into a closer connection with the spirit realm.
Here are some suggestions for solo intuitive development.
- Trust yourself and release your fear of the unknown. The unseen is safe, reliable and is inherently positive and life giving. Trust that you can communicate and receive its direction and blessing. The universe will respond to your intent to develop your intuition. Notice the magic all around you. The intangible is not as elusive as what it may seem. It will guide you, respond and support your efforts. There are many ways that the unseen communicates with you. Trust it when it does.
- Ask your angels and spirit guides for signs and synchronicities that will confirm when you are on the right track. Then trust what happens. The spirit realm communicates in unlimited ways.
For instance: Has a bird ever seemed to perch on your window sill soon after questioning an intuitive insight and it seemed to be more than a coincidence? Have you ever found coins or feathers, noticed repeating numbers or heard a meaningful verse of a song that seemed to give you a message. These and other similar synchronicities are common signs that you are in the flow of a greater knowing and awareness.
- Take time every day to listen. Relish the quiet and practice sitting silently in meditation. Take time to be in nature, live in the now and listen to the quiet inner voice.
- Find creative ways in your everyday life to take advantage of simple intuitive opportunities. For example: hold mail in your hands or intuitively focus on an email before you open it. Pay attention to any thoughts, emotions, words, numbers or awareness and knowing that surface.
- Notice the energy glow around others or surrounding events. Pay attention to whom or what feels energetically stronger or more compelling. In time you will find that those that seem to glow are often lucky, win, and have good health and generally experience events and situations that work to their benefit.
- Write down your dreams. Even if it seems that they are silly and make no sense, in time patterns and intuitive insights will emerge from them.
- Look at the circumstances of your life symbolically. Use your intuition to see the deeper message within the events, people, circumstances, relationships and conditions of your life. Approach all that you experience as an interactive dialogue between yourself and the universe. What is life attempting to teach you? Where are you experiencing discomfort, frustration or lack? Notice how changes in your thoughts, emotions and actions affect your outer and external experiences. Listen within for insight into the meaning and significance behind your day to day experiences.
Developing your intuitive abilities on your own can accelerate your spiritual-intuitive growth and strengthen your connection with the unseen. If you feel you have no support or that your friends and family do not understand your interest in psychic and intuitive awareness, know that you are strong enough to go it alone. There is an invisible presence that assists and guides you. As the Buddha said, Be a light unto yourself.
Sherrie Dillard is a medium, psychic and medical intuitive. She is the author of the best-selling Discover Your Psychic Type, Love and Intuition, The Miracle Workers Handbook, and You are a Medium. www.sherriedillard.com email@example.com
Available worldwide, Teen Spirit Guide to Modern Shamanism.